How to Create an “I Spy” Wedding Game
The best part? It’s totally free and will take you less than 9 minutes to do.
Trust me. I’m not a graphics genius… you can totally do this!
- Option 1 – you can skip the “creative” and just print the “I Spy” Wedding Game I made… or…
- Option 2- Watch the 9-minute screencast video and follow along with me. I’ll show you how to create your own “I Spy” Wedding Game with step-by-step instructions. That way, you can customize with your own colors, font choices, and include your wedding hashtag.
Here’s the “I Spy” Wedding Game free printable – click to open the PDF.
To create your own “I Spy” Wedding Game, follow these instructions & watch the 9-minute tutorial video.
- Create a free Canva account.
- Use “Real Estate Flyer” as the template, or any 8.5 x 11″ design will do.
- On the left column, click on “Elements”
- Click on “Shapes” and find the heart outline (or other shape you’d like to use for “bullet points” / checklist icons)
- Minimize the size of the heart – I made mine about 55 x 50
- Placement of your first line – move the heart to about 115 x 210 on the page, but it’s not an exact science!
- Click on the heart and Copy for each line you desire – I have 12 lines.
- Add Text & Copy 12 times for each line. Don’t worry about the size, alignment or font choice – that’s coming.
- Add the Title by inserting a text box for “I” and “Spy”
- On the left column, click on “search” and type in “camera icon” to insert the picture of the camera.
- Optional: Add your wedding hashtag line under the title. Do you want guests to post on social media? This will encourage them to do so and make the images easy for you to find after the wedding. Or, just leave it off for now – you can always decide on this later.
- TEXT LINES- Now to update your text lines for guests to play “I Spy”. Feel free to copy mine exactly or make up your own!
- FONT SIZES- You can choose whatever sizes make you happy. My line font sizes are all between 21 – 35, so do what feels and looks right to you.
FONT CHOICES – The sky’s the limit. Here are the font choices I used:
TITLE: “I” – Antic, size 144
TITLE: “Spy” – Great Vibes, size 155
“my favorite decoration, how creative!” – Aleo Light
“artistic shot of the newlyweds!” – Blackboard
NOTE: “Blackboard” is a font I uploaded to Canva myself through my subscription to Canva For Work) – if you have the free version, this font won’t be available, but I highly recommend Canva for Work if you’re creative and like graphics! #ShamelessPlug… and nope, they’re not paying me to say so! I just love Canva that much.
“someone holding hands” – Crafty Girls
“a smiling bridesmaid” – IM Fell English Small Caps
“most generations in one photo” – Euphoria Script
“a dance move… YES!” – Ribeye
“a group photo at my table” – Crushed
“the bride laughing” – Amatic Small
“someone wearing a tie in an unusual way!” – Aileron Thin
“a new friend I met at the wedding” – Oregano
“someone I hate to say “goodbye” to! – Satisfy
- Color Choices! Now you have the option to update and make things colorful. Just highlight the text box or graphic you want to change and either choose a default color or insert your own hex code if you know it. You can click the “+” symbol to find a custom color, too.
- To stay neutral, I kept everything black, but you could always choose your wedding colors.
- Now to save your design and download!
- To title your design, click to the left of the “Share” button and type in your title. I chose “THE SPRINGS – I Spy Wedding Game” but you can name it whatever you want.
- Click on “Download” and choose a PDF for print.
- Hint: You can also share your design with a friend or your fiance to get input by clicking on “Options” at the bottom of the “Share” menu (next to Download). The receiver will need to create a Canva account, too, and updates made automatically are saved to both versions (yours and theirs). I didn’t show this in the video, but it’s helpful if you want to collaborate with someone else.
- You, savvy bride, are DONE!
- Now you have a slick printable “I Spy” Wedding Game and it cost you nothing. And, you did it in less than 9-minutes! Woot!
Read: 6 More Ways to Entertain Your Guests by THE SPRINGS.
Looking for 50+ more budget-saving tips on wedding planning? THE SPRINGS is really conscious about wedding budgets – everyone has one, some just have bigger than others. We can find ways to save and make wedding planning less stressful.